Beyond the prerequisite, the HSE Technician's role onsite is to first understand and adopt our client's safety program and site-specific safety action plan and assist site management to establish adherence to their program.
While performing in a dual role of safety and medical, it is imperative that all emergency medical requirements be prepared and completed prior to beginning work activities.
Our NREMT/HSE Techs are equipped with an advanced medical protocol. They are equipped with BLS and ALS drugs, defibrillator (with monitor and pacer). These standards are strongly recommended when the job site is located within one hour or more from a local Emergency Medical Service, remote areas with hazardous environments (high altitude, severe cold or hot regions, terrain factor and wildlife such as, snakes, spider, etc.) Our NREMT/HSE Techs are controlled and governed by our medical director and company medical protocol, which is reviewed and upgraded yearly. To request a copy of our company medical protocols, please email Wendy Hutton.
The following are examples of duties to be performed by the HSE Technician:
- Safety Meetings: Conduct and participate in pre-job on a daily and weekly basis with all site personnel.
- Recordkeeping: Maintain all OSHA required documentation, MSDS, JSA's, inspections, incident reports, etc. Assist in maintaining electronic files or Data CD for the project as required.
- Site Orientations: Perform site-specific safety orientations for site personnel and visitors.
- Permits: Maintain client work permits and air monitoring results.
- Inspections: Daily safety inspections for JSAs of all work areas are recommended and documentation of the same should be performed utilizing the client's inspection forms.
- Investigations: Assist our clients in performing investigations for accidents, incidents, near-misses, etc. Interaction with client's corporate and in-house management may become necessary, and it is imperative that all information regarding investigations be conveyed to our client's management through the site manager.
- Medical Logs: Document all drug usage of both Rx and over-the-counter type medications onsite and maintain records in accordance with privacy laws.
The Safety Administrative Assistant position is designed to assist the client representative with clerical duties and take care of the safety on site. The safety aspects of this position are the same as the HSE Technician except they are not of the medical capacity.
The Administrative Assistant position is designed to assist the client representative with clerical duties. Their job criteria can be discussed and tailored to fit the need of our client and the job site.
The Safety Administrative Assistant position is designed to assist the client representative with clerical duties and take care of the safety on site.This service is recommended in areas where a local EMS service is within five to ten minutes away from your location. For twenty-four hour coverage, you could combine the services of a Medic/HSE Technician and a Safety Administrative Assistant, depending on the sensitivity of the site.APPLY ONLINE